Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Don't Feed the Inmates!

An Arizona lawyer has been arrested for … get this … feeding his shackled client a piece of candy in court. I’m not sure which I find more disturbing:

1) This poor lawyer trying to make his crime look tough enough to survive lockup. “What am I in for? I fed Jo Jo over there a piece of candy; not just any piece of candy though. It was a mini Snickers bar. And you know what? I’d do it again!”

2) A hardened criminal being so desperate for candy that he would allow a grown man to feed him as if he was an infant. “Open up, prisonee poo! Daddy has a Hershey’s kiss for his little shanker!”

Amazingly, the lawyer in this case asked if he could feed his client the candy before doing so. When told that he could not, he did it anyway, saying to the detention officers, “What are you going to do, -- arrest me?” He received his answer a few days later when he was arrested at his home and booked into county jail on … get this … on a felony count of providing contraband to an inmate. He was released on his own recognizance, provided that he agrees to bring enough candy for everyone at his trial.

No comments: