Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blawger Survivor: Outpost, Outread, Outlast

If you're like me, then every Sunday afternoon, you say to yourself, "This week is the week that I start blogging regularly! I mean it this time!" However, before you know it, it's Thursday and you haven't posted a single entry on your blog. So you say to yourself, "Next week is the week that I start blogging regularly! I mean it this time!" In a desperate attempt to break that cycle, I'm inviting you to join me in playing Blawger Survivor.

We've all heard that it takes just three weeks to develop a habit. Hopefully, many of us can develop this habit over the next three weeks by participating in this contest whereby we will be challenged to post an entry on our blawgs EACH day (well, at least, each weekday). And while there is no length requirement for your post, it must include at least one link or reference to another blog (remember, a great blogger is an even greater reader). If you miss even a single day, you are out of the contest. At the end of the three weeks, the winners will receive the coveted title of "Blawger Survivor" (and maybe even a copy of my book, if there aren't too many of you).

Now, because many of us are lawyers, I realize that it's necessary to be extra clear about the rules, so here goes:

You have until 11:59 pm PST on Sunday, August 9th to sign up for the contest. You sign up by simply posting a comment below with the name and URL of your blog (also, any trash-talking comments you'd like to add for the heck of it).  Shortly thereafter, your blog will appear in the list of blogs listed under caption "Blawger Survivors" on the right.  Your blog link will remain in this list so long as you continue in the contest.

You must post a qualifying entry for every day of the contest (Monday through Friday for the weeks ending August 14, 21 and 28).  The official post time will be taken from the time and date stamp on your blawg.  If you fail to post a qualifying entry on any day of the contest, your blawg will be removed from the survivors list.  A qualifying entry must include at least one link or reference to another blog.

I'll be posting daily updates about the contest so make sure that you check back from time to time.  And, of course, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or suggestions.  Good luck and have fun!


26 comments:

Jeff Krause said...

Sean,

I am game for this challenge. Fifteen posts may be more than I have managed all year, but what better way to get back on track?

Jeff Krause's Practice Management Blog http://blog.krausepm.com

Unknown said...

Since I'm a huge fan of Survivor (the TV show, not the music group), I can't pass up this opportunity to participate. I may not outlast you, but I will outwit you....

Unknown said...

Of course, it would help if I posted my official blog name: Connecticut Employment Law Blog www.ctemploymentlawblog.com

David said...

Anything to get me out of the blogging drought that I've been in lately. I can't promise that many of my posts will be law-related (when I say I'm a "recovering litigator", I really mean recovering), or as funny as Sean's, but I'll give it a shot.

http://wagsoutside.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Absolutely game as a 1L and give the world a first-hand account of the beginnings of law school. Okay, I'm just competitive and this is another outlet.

http://noreinsgirl.wordpress.com

Bryan said...

I am definately game for this. I have been trying to work on my regularity (my blog posting regularity that is).

The Connected Lawyer
www.theconnectedlawyer.com

Tim said...

I'm in. Though I worry my 6 to 8 regular readers won't know what to think of that much new material...

http://currentemployment.net

2L poet said...

I'm in...I may be the youngest blog here (in archives or lack thereof) but I count that as an asset, energy-wise.

http://1Lpoet.blogspot.com

Adrian M. Baron said...

It's on like Donkey Kong. I am quitting my practice to devote all my efforts to this contest.

The Nutmeg Lawyer
http://thenutmeglawyer.blogspot.com

Adrian M. Baron said...

It's on like Donkey Kong?!

I should be disqualified just for that comment.

Kelly said...

Ooh, a challenge. I'm so in.

I'll outlast you with my dissertations on tax policy - nobody can survive that! bwahaha!

(And besides, Lisa Solomon posted this on FB and I'm easily influenced...)

taxgirl
www.taxgirl.com

Unknown said...

Well heck, I can't let a *management* side employment lawyer get all the glory, (and think he can outwit me) so I guess I'm in! (JK Daniel!)

Employment Law Blog: www.EmploymentLawWA.com

Laurie said...

Can a virtual legal assistant blog play too? I so need some motivation to get posting on my blog more often!! And nothing like some incentive to read more blawgs to, thanks to that great requirement for linking!!

http://halosecretarialservices.com/blog

Joe Markowitz said...

This is a great idea. Too bad I'm going on vacation (one of the main purposes of which is to get away from the computer) So count me out this time, but good luck to all.

http://www.jcmarkowitz.com
http://www.mediate-la.com
http://www.hopeandchange.net

Cynthia Rowland said...

Count me in! www.womenlawyerleaders.blogspot.com

2L poet said...

Oh, jeez, I quit already. I actually did write in my blog today, but I don't know how to link the other competitors into what I wrote about (environmental policy). Hmm. I COULD be random, but to do that this soon seems like a cop-out. Good luck to everyone else--I'll keep checking on the contest!

Unknown said...

Did I get a taunt from Jill? Wow. Didn't know she had it in her.

Sean Carter said...

Quick rule change only partially prompted by the 1LPoet. In lieu of a link to another blog, we will accept a mere reference (i.e., "I was reading the Why Did I Choose to Enter Law School in a Recession blog and the author said ..."). Also, the blog need not be from a "castaway" in our contest. Just read something, somewhere, k?

Izzie said...

I'm in. We'll see how long I last. I'll be on a 14 transatlantic flight in the next 2 weeks. I hope the timing works out so I don't miss a day!

Daniel Alexander II, A Professional Corporation said...

Punks jump up to get beat down... I am in.

www.outhousegeneralcounsel.com

Harold Goldner said...

Sean -

Love what you're doing, but I'm going to take a flyer. I post 2-3 times a month, and don't think that daily for 3 weeks would:

1. Advance the reason I blog in the first place;
2. Guarantee the quality of what I do post.

Thanks for doing this.

Harold
blogging on employment law and human racehorses issues at
http://www.humanracehorses.com

buy phentermine said...

Every sundau I say "I love this day" every morning.

Buy Dissertation Help said...

Nice post and its realy amazing i love it.thanks for sharing.
Buy Dissertation Online

Buy Dissertation said...

Blawger Survivor: Outpost, Outread, Outlast <-- that's what i was looking for
Buy Dissertations Online

dissertationproposalhelp said...

Your blog is really helps for my search and i really like it.. Thanks a lot. dissertation proposal writing | finance dissertation,

Dissertation writing services said...

ya all of us facing this issue that we are not able to make habit of posting regularly on our blog and i think the only way to make habit is to participate on game like you suggest. But unfortunately i miss this game